Here’s a secret: You ARE enough

Here’s a secret: You ARE enough
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small percentage of any purchases.

Hello sweetheart! If you’re new here, welcome, and if you aren’t then welcome back!

Today I am so excited because the app on my phone says it might rain tomorrow and rain gets me all giddy and happy. Don’t know why I felt the need to share that with ya, but I did, yay rain. Another thing that’s making me happy is all of the feedback and lovin’s for my Sacred Journey through Journaling mini e-course (pssst, that means sign up! :p)

Are you ready for Self Love Sunday where I share with you a wonderful way to enrich and nourish your journey to loving yourself?

I want to share with you something that I’ve learned in the last year or so of this wonderful inner journey I’ve been on. I am enough. At times it really didn’t feel that way and sometimes it still doesn’t. I didn’t feel like I was letting go enough, or getting over my depression enough, or being happy enough or doing enough to fix all of my issues. When you start beating yourself up for all of the things that you are not you miss the great joy of seeing the things that you are. Beautiful, magical, amazing things.

Regardless of where you’ve been, or where you are going… right now… you are enough.

I believe that we all have the potential to be great and amazing and fabulous and every little thing that we imagine, but that doesn’t have to happen right now. Sometimes it can’t happen right now and that’s absolutely no reason to feel like we are failing in some way.

Think of the seedling of an oak tree. It has to grow into what it is to become, same as us. It’s a slow process but it happens. It happens in stages but it does happen. If you are feeling like you aren’t enough realize that this is part of the process, it’s alright and you will get there, and until you do just let go of that feeling, let go of that feeling that’s keeping you from appreciating, loving, and celebrating the you right now.

Love exactly who you see in the mirror…. You are enough.

Even if you feel like you used to be so much more than what you are now, know that you are enough. Know that your experiences have brought you so much growth. Believe that you will find your radiance again.

If you look at that person that you so badly want to be and you fear that you will never get there and never achieve the greatness that you want to be, know that it happens one step at a time. Just keep moving in the right direction, even if you occasionally lose your way.

You are enough. Let those words sink into your skin. Believe them, feel them, know them.

You are enough.

18 Comments

1. Avatar
    Gn
    July 8, 2012 / 3:59 pm

Yes, we are enough! What a wonderful reminder. I hope you get rain – and I hope we get rain here too! I don't like rainy days… the sunshine does much more wonderful things for my mood and my energy level. But it's been so hot here and so dry, I would welcome rain. (Not storms, though – I don't want damage and I don't want the electricity to go out from storms, because our electricity's been going out a lot lately anyway!)

2. Avatar
    Lindsay
    July 8, 2012 / 6:48 pm

What a beautiful reminder! You are enough! We all are! It's so easy to forget or lose sight of, but it's true and it's important. Thank you for sharing this, and I hope you get your rain (I LOVE rain!)- it's so cleansing and lovely.

3. Avatar
    Sarah A Clark
    July 8, 2012 / 7:26 pm

*love* this. I never think I'm enough, I'm always falling behind in something. Maybe I need to just BE sometimes to appreciate what I have got in my life, who I am and what I've done…thank you, have shared x

4. Avatar
    Cassandra
    July 9, 2012 / 12:10 am

How true this is. It's so easy to get caught up in the vision of the person we think we should be, but we are perfect as we are right now. Thank you for honoring this truth.

5. Avatar
    Spiralfran
    July 9, 2012 / 5:05 am

Thanks Dominee, know what? I AM enough!

6. Avatar
    Dominee
    July 9, 2012 / 1:43 pm

Yes you are!

7. Avatar
    Dominee
    July 9, 2012 / 1:44 pm

Thank you!

8. Avatar
    Dominee
    July 9, 2012 / 1:45 pm

Thank you so much Sarah and you definitely are enough! When you let go of expectations and just be, magic happens!

9. Avatar
    Dominee
    July 9, 2012 / 1:45 pm

Thank you Lindsay! No rain so far today but I am still hopeful!

10. Avatar
    Dominee
    July 9, 2012 / 1:46 pm

Thank you Gin! I love a good thunderstorm, but they so easily turn into tornadoes where I live that I've become wary of them! However we've had a few days this month with over 100 degree temps and a little rain would be nice!

11. Avatar July 9, 2012 / 3:07 pm

You know what I wish?  I wish that somehow your blog could be published into one big book with a beautiful glossy cover with all the great artwork and photos packed within that could be accessed at any moment as a source of comfort!  I mean… I know most people have smartphones that have all this at the touch of a few buttons (I don't because I don't like learning how to use things that are always having to be upgraded).  And somehow its just not the same as a book. :-)

12. Avatar July 10, 2012 / 3:04 am

What a beautiful post, Dominee! Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to read right now. Funny how the universe lines things up that way, isn't it? Thank you! I Am Enough. :)

13. Avatar
    Cheri
    July 10, 2012 / 3:45 pm

I love this, thank you!  We should all read this- daily!!  I'm going to share it with my son who is currently in a recovery program.  I look forward to reading more/all of your posts!  : )

14. Avatar
    Guest
    July 10, 2012 / 4:41 pm

I needed this today more than you will ever know.  Thank you for sharing so much with others.

15. Avatar
    Dominee
    July 11, 2012 / 7:45 am

Aww, thank you sweetie for your words. Big hugs!

16. Avatar
    Dominee
    July 11, 2012 / 7:47 am

You are so welcome Cheri and thank you for sharing! I hope that it helps him as well!

17. Avatar
    Dominee
    July 11, 2012 / 7:48 am

The Universe is amazing! :) Yes, yes, yes, you are enough!

18. Avatar
    Dominee
    July 11, 2012 / 7:52 am

You just lit the spark! Now thoughts of book publishing are dancing through my head! That is an amazing idea and it will happen one day! Now I'm picturing myself all curled up with a blanket on a cold day, reading my words in physical form. The bliss!