Everyone says that you shouldn't make New Year's Resolutions relating to healthy eating and exercise because you're more likely to fail. That's probably true, but for me - it's a great time and anyway, I enjoy a good challenge! The holidays are over so I'm less stressed - that means less emotional eating. I work in retail (at my other job) so the holidays are b-a-n-a-n-a-s and I end my shift feeling like I need a three hour massage - moving more is just not on my to-do list.
New Year's is a great time for me to take advantage of the dip in stress and make magic happen in my life. So that's what I'm going to do!
I want to focus on eating healthier and by that, I don't mean a diet but eating intuitively in a way that doesn't make my tummy rebel against me. I want to start being physically active again -whether that's yoga, walking, cardio, or just taking a few minutes to do some deep stretches when I get up from the computer.
I'm fat. Chubby. Curvy. Fluffy. Overweight. Choose whatever word you like - and I want to do better by my body but I want to do it in a way that feels authentic to me. No diet plans. No Beachbody-whatever. And no bootcamp challenges. Just good food and good movement for this body that I've come to love so much.
The Body Love Gym
I've decided to create a program called the Body Love Gym. I want to hold myself accountable in my own journey and I'm motivated by daily prompts and check-ins and I'm also passionate about focusing on self-care and body love at the same time. Let's do it together. I'm not a dietician or a personal trainer, I'm just like you - someone that wants to be kinder to her body while making better choices that are rooted in loving my body instead of punishing it.
What is the Body Love Gym?
- An 8-week Body Love program
- Each week is $5 (purchased separately) 0r $30 all together!
- Good for all bodies!
- Body Positive Focused
- Your focus is on healthy eating and physical movement in a way that YOU choose
- You don't want to feel guilt, shame, or pressure when it comes being more active
- You want daily reminders to not just make good choices but to make loving ones
Why take this journey with me?
- I'm bringing my cute and colorful design skills
- I'm not trying to sell you the perfect body or get you to lose xlbs
- Your body does a lot and it deserves some TLC
What's in each week?
Each week will contain different topics and worksheets and is roughly 13 pages.
- Daily Motivation like"How are you being active today? What foods are making you feel great? How are you being kind to your body?"
- Informative topics about why body acceptance is important, intuitive eating, and how to make long lasting changes
- Assignments designed to change your thinking, encourage you to be active, and practice self-care!
- "What milestones have you reached since starting? What positive changes have you seen in your physical/mental health?"
- Inspirational and encouraging body positive quotes
Are you interested?