When I read the description for Hygge my first thought was “Wow, there’s a word for how I live my life.” It’s the perfect definition of what my life looks like. Pronounced “hoo-gah,” or “hue-gah” this Danish concept of comfort, coziness, and warmth. It’s the basis of my self-care.
From the Little Book of Hygge: “Hygge has been called everything from “the art of creating intimacy,” “coziness of the soul,” and “the absence of annoyance,” to “taking pleasure from soothing things,” “cozy togetherness,” and my favorite, “cocoa by candlelight.” Hygge is about an atmosphere and an experience. A feeling of home. A feeling that we are safe.”
Doesn't it sound absolutely perfect? I want to encourage you to find those things in your life and put them into practice!
What's in the Itty Bitty Hygge Workbook?
- An 18 page PDF. Not only do you get a full-color PDF that you can print out at home or fill in digitally, but there's also a black and white version!
- What Hygge Means and Important Words to Know. Slip into your Hyggebukser for your Fredagsmys.
- How to Hygge Your Life. We go over foods, scents, comfort, and different activities that will allow you to invite hygge into your life.
- Cozy Movie & Show Watchlist. Make a list of the best shows to watch that get you in a cozy mood. Here are some suggestions: The Great British Baking Show, The Golden Girls, any older Disney Film, a movie you loved as a kid.
- Hygge Recipes. Write down your favorite cozy recipes or look online for soups, stews, and delicious breads
- Create Your Perfect Fredagsmys.
- The Best Parts of Hygge. There's a full-color print AND a page for you to print out and color yourself!
- 30 Day Hygge Challenge. I've given you a 30-Day Challenge plus a blank one for you to put in your own versions of cozy
All of the worksheets have digital fill-in enabled, which means if you have Adobe PDF Reader (it's free) you can fill in and save the PDFs right on your computer without printing them out! You can also use a PDF app on your phone to fill it in on the go!